A quick look at our favorite new releases from TAG Heuer at Baselworld 2018.
TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Calibre 16
Ever since their introduction in 1963, TAG Heuer Carrera watches have been closely connected to racing. To celebrate 55 years of the TAG Heuer Carrera, the brand has introduced the new TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Calibre 16. This new timepiece honors the rich racing tradition of the TAG Heuer Carrera line with its use of sporty color combinations and vintage design inspired by 1970s racing.
The Carrera Chronograph Calibre 16 is available with a 41-mm steel case and either a black or blue dial. These dials feature contrasting white subdials, bright red accents, and faux tanned luminous material on the hands and indices. These color combinations along with the standard chronograph tachymeter scale generate a design that feels connected to Carrera’s rich racing history.
This timepiece is powered by the reliable and well-known TAG Heuer Calibre 16 automatic chronograph movement and comes with a stainless steel bracelet on the blue version or a black leather strap with red stitching on the black version.
With the Carrera Chronograph Calibre 16, TAG Heuer is continuing to expand the already impressive number of watches available within the Carrera collection. The two new watches stand out because of their vintage racing looks and will attract a huge number of loyal fans who already love TAG Heuer’s racing history but are looking for a modern watch to wear every day.
Facts & Details:
- The Carrera Chronograph Calibre 16 is being released to celebrate 55 years of Carrera watches
- Its design is a nod to the brand’s rich racing history
- The watch is powered by the in-house TAG Heuer Calibre 16 automatic movement with a 42-hour power reserve
- 41-mm stainless steel case
- List prices are 4,350 USD for the version with a leather strap and 4,500 USD for the version with a steel bracelet.
TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère
A second watch introduced to commemorate 55 years of the TAG Heuer Carrera is the TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère. This tourbillon chronograph has been certified by the French Besançon Observatory. The observatory, which is situated just over the Swiss border in neighboring France, has only awarded 500 watches the title ‘Tête de Vipère’ or ‘Viper’s Head’ since 2006. The TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère is the latest addition to this prestigious list.
The Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère is available with a 45-mm midnight blue ceramic case. Its black leather strap has been sewn onto rubber with blue stitching. The watch is powered by the Heuer-02T caliber and features the ‘Tête de Vipère’ stamp on the bridge, both of which are visible through the sapphire glass case back. The same black and blue coloration found on the outside of the watch also appears on the movement and gives the watch an overall understated feel.
This remarkable TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère is limited to 155 pieces, so potential customers will have to act quickly to get one. How quickly is the question, as the watch will not be released until Q3 of 2018, and no details have been released regarding the price of the watch. Predictions are that the price will be somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 euros, so potential buyers can already start saving up their money.
Facts & Details:
- The Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère is being released to celebrate 55 years of Carrera watches
- The Besançon Observatory has certified this watch as a Tête de Vipère
- Limited to 155 pieces
- The watch is powered by the in-house automatic Heuer-02T calibre movement
- 45-mm midnight blue ceramic case
- Water-resistant to 100 meters / 328 feet
- Matte black alligator strap sewn onto black rubber with blue stitching
- List price to be announced